Thursday, August 18, 2011

Frugal Fanny

I wont be featured on the next "Ex.treme Couponing" show and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would blow my socks off with their couponing success, but yesterday I kicked some major couponing butt! Now, I should say that I'm not trying to create a huge stock pile where I have 600 rolls of papaer towels and enough mustard to last us through the apocalypse. I actually think shows like the aforementioned are a bunch of bunk and only create unwanted attention to couponing from "success" stories that are staged and only allowed to happen by bent rules. I coupon because, as a stay-at-home mom, it's my way of helping with our finances. With a toddler, home expansion plans and not too far off 2nd adoption plans in the works, if I can find a way to stretch a dollar the by golly I'll try!

Ok, so here's how yesterday went. I went to 2 stores: Publix and CVS. I ended up at Publix twice, which I try not to do, but the 2nd deal was way worth it and only for that day (They actually PAID me .02 to take $20 worth of cereal out of their store!!). So, what did I end up with and how much did I spend? Well, first I'll tell you what I got:

I got 2 24ct bottles of Advil, 2 bottles of Childrens Advil, 2 boxes of Thermacare Heat wraps, 2 bags of Cascadian Farms frozen fruit, 3 Jumbo packs of Huggies Slip On diapers, 8 packs of Gatorade Energy Bites, 2 packs of Band-aids, Gain dish soap, 2 boxes of Kleenex, 4 boxes of cereal, $10 in ExtraCare Bucks (money at CVS) and a $10 gas card! 
So what was my grand total for the day? 

Well, before you count the money I recieved back I spent a whopping $34 for everything listed, but after you count the $20 I made back my grand total for everything bought was only $14!!!! My total savings? $101.90(121.90 counting the $20 made back!)!!!

Here's a picture of the loot!


Crazy right?! I'm hooked. I love getting stuff for free and I love being able to do this for our family! Plus,  I have the sweetest  little couponing companion... what more could I ask?!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness!! i wish we could coupon like that in canada. our coupon rules are much more stringent. good haul:)

    ReplyDelete