Saturday, June 11, 2011

Little Update!

I received an email from C the other day and we set our plans for our first visit! I was so relived to get her email and put to rest the what ifs in my head.

I'm so excited for the visit. I can't wait to see Lovebug interact with C and her family and share this experience with them. It's not often that you can be with people who without a doubt love your child as much as you do and appreciate the smallest details of your childs existence. I can't wait to watch them as they see Lovebug crawl for the first time and hear her sweet voice for the first time in person. To smell her sweet skin and run their fingers through her beautiful black hair. Sounds magical right? Cue the perfectly timed, overly emotional Hollywood music! Ha! But, I realize it's not all lollypops and rainbows. Although adoption is a beautiful thing, it's also a painful thing. I accept that, but it's doesn't make it any easier. I'm afraid for the pain that Lovebugs family, particularly her birthmother,  may feel after the visits over. I just have to trust that the same loving arms that wrapped around them the first time will again engulf them this time. And I know they will.


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
         Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
  I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
         My God, in Him I will trust.”" Psalm 91:1-2


2 weeks from today. The count down begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment